Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Call for Discernment

I wanted to post a link to a sermon by John Macarthur that I recently listened to. It is the first of 3 parts. I am only posting the first part, as that is all I've listened to thus far. I am sharing this, because it basically summarizes why we must be so strong on doctrine. It explains why it's so important to know scripture and doctrine as Christians! It's something I used to think was only important for pastors to know, but have realized that many pastors today lack a basic understanding of theology. It's sad! Therefore, I am sharing the treasure I have found in this sermon! Please listen...it's only an hour. I have it on CD and listen in the car. I would love to hear what you think!

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/52-32

I apologize for being so absent on my blog recently. It has been a whirlwind of a month and I'm still not at the point where I have time to really sit down and impart to you what I've been reading. School will be out in 8 days and I think after that I'll have some time to share :) In the meantime, I'll update when I can!

Oh, and John Macarthur's sermons are now ALL free on his grace to you website! You can hear a sermon on just about any scripture....well, not all, but a lot! Enjoy!