Thursday, July 1, 2010

July! Random thoughts...

I couldn't be more happier that today is officially July 1st! That means I'm even closer to meeting my baby girl Emslee! Josh and I are so beyond ready to meet her and wish she'd make an appearance a little early. It's not just our desire, but it's a definite need as I lose my school insurance on July 31st. I can't go a week late or I'll be off my insurance. Therefore, I'm going to stay as active as I can and do everything possible (and natural) to induce labor and get the ball rolling. If it gets to July 27th I'm most likely going to have to be induced.

I have cleaned our apartment as much as I possibly can and it's wonderful! Emslee's nursery is almost done as well! I have a few more things I want to do before I post pics, but it's essentially done. The last major thing we need to do before she arrives is screen in our patio. It's not a necessity, but it's going to be so nice to have a clean patio! You see, every time I sweep off the leaves, the lawn people come by and blow it right back on. With a screen there it won't happen again...yay! Not to mention when the weather does cool down we'll be able to open our patio doors and turn off the AC without bugs coming in!

I'm now 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant and it's hard to imagine Emslee growing even bigger. My doctor said I could easily deliver an 8 pound baby (oh boy..sarcasm). That would be another reason I wouldn't mind delivering early. My fundal height is right on track. My belly feels huge, but it's not bigger than it should be. Emslee is a VERY active little girl and often times I find myself pushing on my belly to keep her from pushing out on the sides. It can be painful. I'm hoping I'll find out at the appointment today if she's head down. I have no idea. Sometimes I think she is and other times it's like she's laying sideways across my belly.

It's getting harder to do simple chores around the apartment without being out of breath five minutes into it lol. I have to take many breaks! The hot flashes are awful and I think our electric bill must be outrageous, because I am hot all the time! We have the fans running and the AC. Have I told you how much I love Florida summers (note the sarcasm), especially when you're almost 9 months pregnant???? The heat is almost unbearable. If I want to walk I have to do it in the stores, because as soon as I walk outside I start sweating and my feet start to swell. No fun!

It's also very sad that I am sleeping on the couch now. I have been doing so for over a week now. I miss being with Josh, but our bed is so high that it's very painful to get in and out of...especially when you have to get up 4 times a night to pee. The couch is much lower to the ground :)

I'll post pics of Emslee's nursery later...and maybe my belly. We'll see :) Happy July everyone!