Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I guess it's time...

for an update. I haven't been good about keeping up with this blog, because honestly, I've been very busy! Shortly after my last post I found out I was pregnant! Josh and I weren't preventing, but we weren't trying. We had been trusting in the Lord to provide us a child in His timing. To think He chose the time right after he gave my husband a job is so unbelievably amazing, especially since it had been 11 months of no work! His sovereignty is unfathomable! Since that time we have been trying to wrap our mind around the fact that 1) there is a baby growing inside my belly 2)we are so undeserving to be this blessed 3) we are going to have a third person living with us and 4) how in the world is this all gonna work.

Well, I can honestly say, that after 11 months of struggling to survive on one income, I trust fully that the Lord will provide for us with a child. His Word says that children are a blessing...and He even blesses the man who's quiver is full of them! Josh and I have decided that I am going to stay home with the baby! I cannot wait to take on this new role in my life and be there to see our baby girl's milestones! I realize it will be tough living on one income, but it's all about being content with what we have. Josh is so serious about keeping me home, that he has offered to work 2 jobs. I am so blessed to have a husband who is striving to provide for our family! This new chapter in our lives is going to be so exciting!!

Our little girl is due on July 27, 2010. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and feeling her move all the time! She is very active! It's hard to live with my growing belly....but knowing that our girl is inside makes it all worth it (especially when she kicks, like she's doing now)! As far as names go, Josh and I have not "officially" chosen one. We have narrowed it down a lot and I THINK we will name her Emslee Grace. Emsleee means a gift from God, and that is also what Grace is! We feel that the name suits what our precious baby girl is to us! She's a gift! We would call her Em, Emma, or Emmy for short. Again, this is not for sure, yet, but we're almost positive that she is our Emslee Grace.

I am still teaching and looking forward to being home this summer! I didn't realize how exhausting it was going to be to teach full time while being pregnant. I am thankful to the Lord for the job, but so looking forward to summer! Only 55 more days to go!! Spring break is also a few weeks away and will be spent resting I'm sure! My kids at school are very excited about the baby. The girls often rub my belly and talk to her as they pass by. Today they noticed how wide my belly button is and were infatuated with the fact that they could stick their entire finger inside and still have room lol! My boys are disappointed that "she" is not a "he" and don't talk too much about her. Deep down, though, I know they're excited! The best part of being pregnant this school year is being able to share it with this class. This is my 2nd year with these kids and they've been my most memorable and loving kids yet! I wouldn't want to share it with any other class!

Josh is thoroughly enjoying his new job! He has had nothing but good reviews since he started and they are talking about promoting him in August, which means a substantial raise! We pray that this would happen as it would help us greatly, but know the Lord's will is best! Josh is still taking classes, very slowly, at UCF. He only has about 4 more to go. Unfortunately, he's only able to take 1 a semester since he's working full time and so we're not sure when he'll finish. We know he will though :)

I guess that's the big updates for now. I'm off to listen to the sermon from church on Sunday. Our pastor finished up going through the book of Romans and now we're moving on to Revelation!! I worked the nursery this past Sunday, so I missed it. What an exciting book of the bible!