Saturday, February 21, 2009

Relationships

This week I read the 4th chapter of The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. It was another convicting message! These are the things I learned:

My relationship with my husband is a reflection of the Trinity.

The Hebrew word for "one" is "echad" meaning one, alike, altogether, or all at once.

I need to change the following characteristics in my relationship: ungentle, unmerciful, cruel, private, self-protective, tearing him down to build me up, self-seeking, not communicating biblically, deceitfulness, untrusting, and manipulating with tears.

God expects perfect unity in my marriage--communicating intimately, humility, harmony.

I need to stop asking what I get out of my relationship and start asking how can we please and glorify God in our relationship.

We no longer live for ourselves, but for Christ (2 Cor. 5:15).

I should communicate in love-sharing thoughts, feelings, present and future desires, aspirations, goals, struggles, and spiritual insights-being open, honest, transparent-my motive is for the glory of God!

That's all for now! I know that the more I learn, the more I recognize different sin in my life that needs to change. I'm thankful God doesn't reveal all my sin at once! Any thoughts?