Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my little corner of the internet! My name is Lindsay and I'm a 24 year old wife and teacher. The reason I created this blog is to share my reflections on all the reading I plan on doing. It's also a way to hold myself accountable to doing it, as I want to post often about the books. I am in the middle of so many good books right now, that I want to finish them and move on to others!

A little about me: I grew up thinking I was saved, because I always "felt" saved. I was a moral person. I guess you would call me the "naive good girl", because I never got in trouble, made good grades (never had a C till college), and didn't drink/party. In fact, I taught Sunday school and was very involved in church. God showed me, though, that I was not saved. In fact, I was relying on my moral works to save me. It wasn't until I saw my sin and how bad it was, that I realized there was no hope and I deserved hell. God is holy and righteous and I fall short of that in some many ways. I cried out to God in repentance for Him to save me. It was nothing I could do, only God that could pull me out of the filthy sin I was in. Praise God He has changed my life! I desire the things of God! I love reading (I hated it before) the Bible and books about doctrine/theology. I have learned so much and I love sharing it with people! I want to tell people the good news of the Gospel! I love the brethren and love discussing the Bible!

I say all this, purely, to let you know who I am. I am not perfect and nothing I write will be. I want to share, because honestly, it's something I love doing! When I talk with someone, the conversation generally leads to the topic of God, theology, the Bible, or church. It's hard to hide it :) I gladly welcome any input/feedback on your feelings about what I write. I want it to be a tool for open discussion about the things of God and I want it to glorify Him!

With that all said, welcome to my new blog! Enjoy!