Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Have you ever thought about...

the fact that every person who came to salvation in the bible never sought for it? Have you ever considered that not one person in the bible sought after God for salvation? NEVER! So, what makes us think that we can accept God and choose Him? I'm not being sarcastic..I'm just looking for a reasonable explanation for that. Truly, I just want to know. I was reading about Saul's conversion on the road to Damascus. Let's be honest, Paul is valuable model for us to follow and he didn't even seek after God or choose Him. He was on his way to persecute the followers of Christ when Jesus appeared to him. So I ask again, and I'm truly looking for answers, what makes people think that we can choose God? If you believe you can choose God and seek Him, then how do you reconcile with Romans 3: 10-18? Specifically this, "There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; THERE IS NONE WHO SEEK AFTER GOD."

The reason I want to know, is that most people testify that they accepted Christ and that they wanted to be saved. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind those statements. Please don't take this as sarcasm or anger...it's just a striving for knowledge/understanding (no pun intended) :)