Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's done: Kitty My Rib

Tonight Josh and I finished our book "Kitty My Rib" by E. Jane Mall. It was such a good book! So many twists and turns. For those of you who have no clue what this book is about I'll tell you! This is a fictionalized biography of Katherine Luther. Martin Luther's lovely wife. Martin Luther was a great reformer for faith and translated the new testament into German. Ironically enough, Josh and I just rented and watched the movie "Luther" the other night. Such a good movie! It's so amazing to see men that God has used that are not afraid to speak against false doctrine and even to the point of possibly losing their life. Anyway, back to the book, it was so good! I enjoyed learning about Martin also while reading and the 6 kids they had! They went through many trials in their life together! Yet, through everything, their faith sought them through the many difficult persecutions and sorrow! Praise God for such a godly role model in our history!

I totally recommend this book to everyone! Josh and I read it together. Honestly, he thought it would be dumb, but changed his outlook as soon as we started reading it! If you do read it, let me know what you think!