Sunday, March 1, 2009

Galations

Josh and I are doing a hermeneutical study through Galations. He is actually doing this for discipleship and then teaching me! It is a lot of fun and I've been learning a lot. It's tough to dig so deep into scripture, but well worth it. Tonight I did verses 1-5 of chapter 1. I had to survey the text and find repeating words, links between words, etc. Then I wrote down 25 things that the text says, followed by 10 things the text doesn't say, and finally 7 interpretive questions about the text. It is so much fun! There are certain points where I get stumped and feel like I can't find anymore and then God shows me more things. Who knew that I could come up with 25 different things that 5 verses say! Anyway, I'll keep you posted on our progress. Obviously the first 5 verses are just the introduction and greeting! Are you doing any studies of scripture?