Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Reading Plan

Okay, so the previous reading plan I was doing has not worked out so well. Mainly, because I can't seem to get on the right day and it drives me crazy if I miss one and have to work double time to catch up. So, I have decided on another one. This is actually from a professor at the Masters Seminary (John Macarthur's) in California. It is set up to where you read 10 chapters a day. There are 10 lists. Each list has a group of books. Basically on day 1 you read chapter 1 of the first book on each list. Then, day 2, you read chapter 2 of the same book on each list. As you go you will start new books along the way and end up reading some books (acts, for example) repeatedly! The idea is to become very familiar with God's word! Here is a link to the group on facebook which has a better explanation of the process:

Prof. Horner's Bible-Reading System

Let me know what you think! I started it today and loved it! I was amazed at how well I stayed focused and I truly felt fed by God's word by the time I was over...in fact, I wanted to read more! It didn't take as long as you would think either. It took me about 35-45 minutes. That's it. I recommend this plan :)