Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Repentance

I've actually read the entire chapter as of last night and I've put off writing comments, due to the fact that if I wrote down everything that I learned, was convicted over, or needed to share it would be the entire chapter (and what I've learned so far)! It was a long chapter too! My recommendation is to get the book! It has been one book that has truly challenged me to test my faith and to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. It has challenged me to take a look at my repentance to see if it's genuine or false. It has left me in tears at times. I am only about halfway through, and find it astonishing at how little I knew about repentance. It's a word I didn't grow up hearing. In fact, I didn't have an understanding of what it meant until about 2 years ago. Even now, I am questioning whether I fully understand the capacity of it based on this book. It's not a bad thing to wonder...I mean repentance is the first word of the gospel! It must be a very important word and I definitely want to make sure I have an accurate meaning of it!

Anyway, the best thing so far I've walked away with is that I need to learn more! I need to strive for knowledge and deeper meaning of it in scripture! I need to do it and mean it and allow God to change me through it! Praise the Lord that He convicts me and allows me to repent and He forgives me! Praise God that He shows me my sin so I can repent of it! I could go on so much more, but it would be too long of a blog. I would definitely suggest reading this book! Make sure you have your bible handy and a big box of tissues!